Sunday, October 4, 2009

Quilts for Sarah and David

This snowman quilt top is ready to be sent off for quilting.....and, with any luck, I'll have it back in time to give to Sarah for Christmas. It was intended to be last year's Christmas gift - sorry Sarah :(

I love the snowmen - I think they are so cute! The pattern, "Under the Stars", is from the Rabbit Factory . I modified the design to include six snowmen across the top and added more star blocks making the overall size of my quilt a bit larger (approx 68"x80") than the original.



This scrappy irish chain quilt is for David. The quilting is done - I just have to finish putting on the binding. David moved into his own apartment this weekend so I may give it to him before Christmas :)

It's not my own design - I made it based on a photo in quilt magazine from a few years ago, but I can't find the magazine now - probably got tossed out in last year's house move. This quilt is a big one at 84" x 96".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom! I love the way it turned out - it looks great!
-Sarah

a good yarn said...

Oh I do like Snowmen and yours are adorable. They are both really nice quilts. Great work! Ann :)

David-James Vaughan said...

I can't wait to get mine for my new apartment! Looks great mom!
-Dave