Sunday, August 9, 2009

Got this stuff in the mail this week (I love online shopping!)


















..... a great magazine and more fabric for my stash.








I've been working on these applique blocks this weekend. The blocks belong to one of my many UFOs. Maybe I'll stay motivated to complete the quilt this time around ... hmmm ... doubt it - too many distractions and new ideas.




The pattern is "Romance in Bloom" by Verna Mosquera
(The Vintage Spool).














Took this picture of Ted and Sydney on Saturday morning - sharing a nap on the back of the chair. I've never seen them snuggled together end-to-end like this.

8 comments:

Betsy said...

I love your fabric selection for the Verna Mosquera quilt. I have several of her patterns but I have not seen this one. Do you have a pic you can put on your bog?

Dorothy Vaughan said...

..just click on the link above (The Vintage Spool)and you will be able to see a photo of the quilt on the third page of her patterns.

Unknown said...

The florals and the stripe~what a great combination~ I l0ve applique! I am going to check out the pattern~ Thanks Dorothy!

Stacey said...

Hi Dorothy, I love your items. What is the September Potluck for the Hexies group for September? I am a member and I could not find any info on that. Thanks and Happy Quilting. Your quilts are very pretty.

Driving Miss Stacey


Sew Far Sew Good Quilt Shop

Dorothy Vaughan said...

Hi Stacey, here's the link for info on the September Potluck....I think both groups are combining for this one. http://hexagonquilt-along.blogspot.com/2009/06/pot-luck-get-ready-rules-on-how-to-play.html

Quilt Rat said...

On-line shopping is great.........I love it when those packages arrive. Those blocks look terrific.

JD/ Jill said...

Hi, Stopping in for a visit, after posting at Barb's Bella Vista...Your quilt is lovely, and what an Awesome sewing room you have....

Karen said...

I love the applique and Ted and Sydney are beautiful.